Pages

Wednesday 9 May 2018

The Big Surprise

Today I woke up with such excitement, because this was the day we were going to England, back to the story. I rushed to my dresser cheering in silence trying not to wake up the rest of the family. I packed all the essentials I needed.  Soon my dad woke up, his big yawn soon woke up my brother and mum. I asked my parents where were we going to stay, they said The Dun-church hotel, as soon as I heard that name I imagined that the hotel would be fancy with lights that show multiple colours or birds that flicker around the room.

After everyone packed all their needs we hopped in the car ready to go to the airport. When we arrived at the airport I saw the flight that we were going to be on. I was so excited to be going to England! I thought to myself that they might not have some of the food we have like Burger King or KFC but I knew that they have McDonald's which made me not to worry about food. After that we heard our flight was being agnomened over the speaker. We rushed as fast as we could to gate 5 where our flight was being held. 

When we got there we were so lucky to have 2 more people waiting in line. My dad soon showed all our passports to the flight attendant, she said "Your good to go". As we got on the plane I turned on the t.v that was attached to the back of the chair that was in-front of me. It was 3 hours long so I had a little nap. We ordered cookies and all sorts of refreshments along the way.

When we arrived in England a person was waiting for us with a sign saying The Dorchesters. I knew that was our ride to The Dun-church hotel. As we arrived at the hotel it looked really fancy, it had a spa with the most sparkly and dazzling water I have ever seen. We entered our room that we were going to stay in. When we entered we saw a poster saying The Festival, I was so happy to be going there but it was 2 days after today but it was okay.


2 days later we went to the festival it was very packed. There were a lot of people from all over the country here to see the festival. It had large floats that I thought were going to touch the clouds and it also had fireworks that BURSTED into the sky. Soon I saw a float that looked like a car and a balloon that looked like the queen until I realised that was the queen. I couldn't believe the queen was in a car right in - front of my EYES!

4 comments:

  1. Wow what a nice narrative Kate! You should publish this story into Toi Toi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Madisyn for that nice comment!

      Delete
  2. Talofa Lava Kate, I love you're story. At first I thought that it was true, but then I found out that it was a narrative. The reason why was because you were so clear and you added descriptive words. I loved the way you described about the queen and the sight. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kotipi for that nice comment! I also liked your ToiToi story!

      Delete