Pages

Wednesday 28 March 2018

My Story

I'm Paige a Cancer survivor, I had Cancer when I was 7 years old. I think now is the time I share my story. It was 5am in the morning, I was screaming so loud.  My parents rushed into my room, as they came in I was vomiting. My dad carried me in his arms with a blanket. My mum and my dad took me to the hospital as fast as they could.

Once we got to the hospital my dad called for help. I was so frighted that I didn't even know what was going on. The nurse that was working at the counter saw us so she said "I NEED HELP on level one. When the staff heard, they came rushing. I was put on a stretcher. My dad whispered into my ear saying ''Everything will be alright''.  I spent 4 hours in the cyber room. Once I woke up my parents were holding my hand hoping that I was okay.

The doctor said'' I'm sorry but Paige's Cancer problem has spread". I asked the doctor " Will I die or will I need surgery". He said'' You'll need surgery". A few days later we received a letter saying that my surgery will be tomorrow. I felt excited but also scared. I was thinking, if I died in surgery, who would tell my friends or who would tell my family?

It was the day of the surgery, and because of that my mum started crying. I felt so sorry, I thought in my mind that I was the one who was the problem. Soon the surgeon came in with his nurses and pulled my bed into the cyber room to get my surgery. To be continued.........

No comments:

Post a Comment