Pages

Tuesday 28 May 2019

Samoan Language Week Begins!

Yesterday marked the start of Samoan language week. Many performances will be held across the country to celebrate the Pacific Island culture. In my opinion I think it's a good idea to have performances to celebrate the culture of Samoa.

This Friday the Samoan pupils at my school have the choice to wear Samoan clothing to show other students what Samoan people wear. I'm still deciding wither I'm going to wear something but it depends if I do have Samoan clothing.


Samoan Words:

Afio mai or Susu mai or Maliu mai – Welcome
Fa’afetai or Fa’afetai tele – Thank you
Ou te alofa ia te oe – I love you
Ia vave ona e manuia – Get well soon
Fa’amolemole – Please
Fa’amalie atu – Sorry
Malō, Malō soifua or Tālofa – Hello
Fā or Tōfā or Tōfā soifua – Goodbye
A malu i fale, e malu i fafo – Respect yourself and others will
E tua le fale tele i le faleo’o – Even the mighty needs others.

No comments:

Post a Comment